Friday, December 29, 2023

Beach Xmas at 1U

Better get on with these posts before December is over!  SE was keen to check out Xmas deco at the malls.  Deco didn't seem to be up very early this year - think there wasn't any yet a month before.  Anyway we checked out 1 Utama first as they are usually creative on the theme.

It was apparently 'A Beach Xmas' this time i.e. an Auttralian one.  We didn't like this that much.

Beach huts


More beach huts


The new wing area was better.  Then again, I always like plants.  There was an area with pampas grass...

Pampas grass behind us

Deco on the Xmas trees was a bit unique - I recognise banksia.  I don't know what the others are but I guess they are other native Australian plants.  

Mummy says this is an Aussie Xmas tree


I guess this theme is lost on many Malaysians.
 

4 comments:

  1. I thought you all went to the beach 😂 Marks to the 1U team for being so creative. I don't even know what Banksia is. Good that SE is keen to check out the Xmas decors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh does sound like it! I add 'at 1u' to the title so I won't get confused one day, when looking back hahaha.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year 🎊🕛 to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you & family. Aussie Christmas tree is very coloful!

    ReplyDelete