First some freshly-baked pastries
Happy diners
Smoked super-salty duck
Pie tee
Beef rendang platter and Nyonya laksa
Velvet Blue Smoothie
What I like about Melaka is I could book accommodation near the happening Jonker Street, park upon arrival and not need to drive out anywhere. Traffic in Melaka is usually heavy and parking isn't easy to come by. JE did want satay celup though which was not quite within walking distance. Taking Grab to Ban Lee Siang cost only RM5, perfect! The timing of our trip was great - since it was just after the Merdeka PH, the crowds had thinned out considerably. It was only a short wait before we got our table.
We happily picked out sticks of food to dip into the peanut sauce to boil. Hey but where were my favourite cockles?! Sigh. Probably they were not in season. Cockles are getting rare these days. As for the sauce, confirmed I prefer it compared to McQuek's. Enjoyed our dinner which was cheap at below RM50 (would have been more if there had been cockles for me to pig out on!).








No comments:
Post a Comment