Saturday, September 12, 2026

Melaka Days 3 and 4


Even though 4d3n seemed quite long, it doesn't translate to all that many meals!  We aren't able to eat that much - well *I* can, but I gain weight fast nowadays.  JE and SE have appetites way smaller than mine.

Laksa kahwin (mixed of curry and assam broth) and cendol at Jonker88 for is a must-do for me at Melaka.  We shared just one bowl of each...

Finishing off the laksa

... to reserve stomach space for The Stolen Cup cafe heh.  Coffee was good and also the combo of blueberries, walnut and ricotta drizzled with balsamic vinegar and honey on a bagel.  I was already thinking how to replicate this at home!  The Jamon ham dutch baby also did well though the ham did get progressively salty.  


Blueberry ricotta on a bagel

We returned to this cafe the next day - SE had the green shakshuka which she liked.  My spaghetti vongole was so-so (noting this down for the future)

Same cafe, second trip

For dinner, tried out this place called 'Sua.suana at Bunga Raya'.  We had fish&chips, the udang lemak nenas (prawn and pineapple in spicy curry) pizza and the lava cheesecake.  Not bad but would try other places next time. 

Prawn curry pizza

OK that's all the food I have to document.  I enjoyed this trip, though I was tired after and took a day to recover!  And that was with smooth traffic going home, at slightly over 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment