Saturday, September 12, 2026

Melaka Days 3 and 4

Even though 4d3n seemed quite long, it doesn't translate to all that many meals!  We aren't able to eat that much - well *I* can, but I gain weight fast nowadays.  JE and SE have appetites way smaller than mine.

Laksa kahwin (mixed curry and assam broth) and cendol at Jonker88 for is a must-do for me at Melaka.  We shared just one bowl of each...

Finishing off the laksa

... to reserve stomach space for The Stolen Cup cafe.  Coffee was good and also the combo of blueberries, walnut and ricotta drizzled with balsamic vinegar and honey on a bagel.  I was already thinking how to replicate this at home!  The Jamon ham dutch baby also did well though the ham did get progressively salty.  


Blueberry ricotta on a bagel

We returned to this cafe the next day - SE had the green shakshuka which she liked.  My spaghetti vongole was so-so (noting this down for the future)

Same cafe, second trip

For dinner, tried out this place called 'Sua.suana at Bunga Raya'.  We had fish&chips, the udang lemak nenas (prawn and pineapple in spicy curry) pizza and the lava cheesecake.  Not bad but would try other places next time. 

Prawn curry pizza

OK that's all the food I have to document.  I enjoyed this trip, though I was tired after and took a day to recover!  And that was with smooth traffic going home, at slightly over 2 hours.

8 comments:

  1. Nowadays need to take holiday to rest at home to recover after a holiday staying someplace.
    Going places just to have a getaway from the normal routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to be tired after! Didn't do anything physically challenging, only walked out to eat haha.

      Delete
  2. Good to see SE enjoying her food 😋 👍🏻
    If cannot eat much during holidays, also very sienz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eating capability is high, too bad will get fat.

      Delete
  3. If you can eat a lot, just need to put in the exercise to burn away the extra food then will be ok. U can join some exercise groups to get motivated to exercise regularly. 💪🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also very lazy. Thinking that after I retire, I must build some exercise into my day.

      Delete
  4. Hi Stacy, I just stopped by to visit you and found your new post! I enjoyed seeing your lovely photos! Thank you so much for sharing.
    On my next blog post for Monday, I have given my readers and friends a couple of other options to follow my blog. Depending on how many blogs you follow, two of the options could prove to be a time saver (rather than click on each one to see if there is a new post). Just wanted to let you know, it is entirely up to you. I did this because the Blogger news reader has not been working at all for about 6 days now.
    I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! Actually I don't have much time to surf the net these days, so every time I do go over to your blog there IS a new post (or two ahem).

      Delete