Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Weird habits

I am a clever baby. I learn from Mummy

Jo Ern has a few weird habits I unintentionally 'taught' her.

Habit #1. Putting one hand in the mouth and stroking her head with the other

Probably came from me 'sayang'-ing her head while feeding her. This one she is doing less now, the hand in the mouth is comfort enough, heh.

Habit #2. Drinking milk from bottle must have two stages. First stage, cradled in feeder's arms. After a while she will cry out which means time to proceed to second stage: put her on a mattress where she will drink while lying down.

Probably coz I cradle her to breastfeed on one side. Then I will lay her down beside me (between hubby and me) to feed on the other side. The first side I cannot lay her down for fear I fall asleep and she falls off the bed.

Habit #3. Batting violently at her ear to get milk

Aiyo this one definitely from me. Milk let-down is slow these days (apparently normal for mothers with older babies) so she gets frustrated and pulls off. About the only way I know to keep her quiet and latched on is to fiddle around in her ear. She will keep still for me to 'clean' her ear. I will stop once the milk comes. So Jo Ern now thinks pulling at her ears makes the milk come! Haha my poor baby!

1 comment:

  1. Sean is always pulling off when i breastfeed too. i never connected it to let down tho... (smack head)! i always thought he was being restless or something. but i think you're right!
    sean likes to hold my finger when drinking milk :)

    ReplyDelete