Saturday, March 2, 2019

"Goose Pond" again

Belated post from last year... forgot about it until I saw the pictures in my phone.

It has been a while since we went to our neighbourhood 'Goose Pond'.  So all jumped in when my brother suggested a visit.  It was to be a breakfast potluck.  The kids were so excited!

Making egg sandwiches

We brought along our picnic mat only to realise there were proper picnic tables and chairs there.  So much food and variety, heh.

Checking out our food


The weather was perfect.  This time we went kayak-ing.  First time for the girls. This place is great!  Life-jackets provided also.

What do I have to do?

After a very short while, pro already hehe.

Race you!

SE tried her hand also.

Check me out!

Good photos but she had to be rescued after some time as she couldn't manouevre herself out of the corner.  Tried out the smaller kayak which was easier for her:

This one is better


I love this photo of my mother with a few of her 'flock':

Carefully now

T'was a great morning!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great outing for everyone! Long time didn't have a potluck picnic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our kids are more interested in play than food, so this was great for everyone.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I am impressed that JE and SE can paddle a kayak on their own. What a fun day! Much better than for the children to hang out in a mall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... I did think hmm what if they rolled over in the water? Not a pleasant experience even with life jackets.

      Delete