Wednesday, February 17, 2021

CNY Days 2 and 3

CNY Day2 was our scheduled family Zoom meet.  What fun right?  We aren't a VERY multi-national family but some do live in Canada and Singapore.  And of course now that we can't travel within Malaysia, this was the perfect situation for a virtual meeting.  Perfect timing also since we have been forced this last year to be familiar with such tools. 

So it felt a little awkward at first, and noisy, but overall it was nice to be able to catch up.  I haven't seen some of them for many years.  For sure I wouldn't be able to recognise the kids if I were to bump into them on the street.

Zoom meet

Day3... arranged a dinner with my side of the family.  We were debating about SOPs.  Technically we don't live in the same house, but we meet often.  So, hmm.  Went for the middle ground and only met up with my brother's side of the family.  Sis came over after dinner.  


Food!


Kerabu tunghoon, grilled pork neck, green curry, pork on stick, belacan fried rice


Ordered Thai food from a FB group.  Overall it was good and will order again.  :)
 

9 comments:

  1. Very good on having the zoom meeting. A very successful one too as I can see 17 different parties joined. Physically I don't think can get all 17 families into one house to celebrate even before the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I haven't seen some relatives for many years already.

      Delete
  2. Day 3 is good too as you met up with your brother's family at your parents' place. The thai food looks good. I see many prawns. I guess you hoi gong already as many people hoi gong on cny day 5 Tues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year I didn't even look up auspicious day to hoi gong! Totally slipped my mind. I just took leave when the kids were off, and an extra day since most people in my project were off that day.

      Delete
  3. Today just announced can have more people in a car n more than two pax per table depending on the size of the table so your whole family can dine out already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had given up on this rule being relaxed any time soon! Yes and looking forward to dining out too. Last weekend happened to be busy, so this weekend it shall be. :)

      Delete
  4. Yes, it has been hard not to be able to dine together with the whole family. It is good to meet up through zoom. Starting today, dine-in in restaurants is allowed and number of people will depends on the size of table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great to have something different on the table for CNY...Thai food! Glad that your parents can accept Thai food and does not make fuss about it. I haven't been eating Thai food for some time...

    ReplyDelete