Sunday, February 7, 2021

CNY's coming

The 'loneliest CNY ever' was the caption my friend put on her pictures of 1u deco.  Indeed.  None of the usual feasting and merry-making.  In fact, it was almost no celebrations at all, with authorities proclaiming CNY reunion dinner was only to be eaten with other residents of the same house.  Luckily it has just been loosened slightly to 15 pax maximum with travel within 10km.  I'm still hoping for a relaxation of the 2pax/car rule so we wouldn't need so many trips to ferry everyone from apartment back to house.

Well we will make do somehow. At least we have.... cookies!  Collected a batch ordered from the girls' tuition teacher who makes good ones.  It was nearing bedtime so I said choose one to open.

Open this first! No this one first!

But I want this one! No, let's try THIS one!

In the end I let them choose two.  And actually I also couldn't wait to eat hehe.  Let the nom-ming begin!

Nom nom nom

Eyes glued to the TV

I didn't pay attention to them for a while.  Finally realised the naughty one was eating the jam part only of the strawberry cookies.  Made her pose with the results of her crime.

Eyes still glued to the TV

 Bring on the feasting! (And let the dieting.... come later)

10 comments:

  1. I guess it makes no difference in the aspect of risks to your parents to eat reunion dinner together as you, SE and JE are seeing your parents daily during MCO 2.0 normal days so it is as if your parents are living in the same household as you all with the exception of your husband who are not meeting your parents daily. Let us pray hard that the cases do not go up after CNY and that the death of the elderlies do not go up also after CNY but like some elderlies say, can celebrate reunion dinner, sei jor dou dei but hopefully no frontliners and other people suffer la.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me no diff in the safety aspect. My husband is at their place once a week as he'd take the kids over after spending the weekend at our apartment.

      Delete
    2. Ya, no diff at all since you didn't eat reunion dinner at your parents' house.

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha, this SE, eat cookies, only eat the strawberry part. Isn't that like eating strawberry jam direct from the jar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was offering to bake her some jam. This girl...

      Delete
  3. Good also la that SE and JE enjoy eating cny cookies since they don't like to eat food that much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aiyo, naughty SE! did she expect mommy to help finish the cookie part without the jam? or she end up eating it later? the tv show must be so interesting that both of them are so focused on it. I have so far only finished the pineapple tarts...Other cookies are still on 'display' and will only launch during CNY...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?? The naughtiness of this one. I ate the jam-less cookies as I like them well enough. Wasted if make SE eat it if she doesn't appreciate. Only bought one jar of these strawberry ones.

      Delete
  5. With all the cookies, I wouldn't dare step on the scale after CNY. This year I bought very little cookies since travelling is limited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My scales have confirmed what I already knew from my growing tummy rolls! I want a variety of cookies and snacks so obviously ended up with a lot - pineapple tarts, kuih bangkit, various butter-type cookies, popia prawn rolls etc etc. Some more thinking that only have the chance to eat most of these once a year.

      Delete