Thursday, March 11, 2021

My birthday 2021

Arrangements this year were more for convenience sake.  I couldn't take leave (to bum around and do anything or nothing as I like!) due to work.  I couldn't buy a cake since my Secret Recipe vouchers were expiring.  At least could dine out already.

Woke the girls up for school and announced it was my birthday.  But I didn't have to... they surprised me with hand-made cards!  I had no idea they were even working on this.  Harry Potter-themed this year as this is their current craze.  Those are owls on the cards:

Happy birthday to mummy!

JE's is actually a whole book: 
Page 1: To unlock and enter you must know the Spell
Page 2:  Good Job.  But now... Neville does not want you to enter.  Find a spell to freeze him
Page 3:  WOOHOO YOU DID Great!  NOW.... Grab the sword.  Oh no, it's fake!  RUN!!!
Page 4.  A Death Eater is behind you.  KILL IT.
Page 5:  YOU DID IT.  Now close this Your day has end Now check the last page But goodbye for now.
(what's this garbled sentence??)
Page 6:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMMY

A Harry Potter book-card!

SE kept saying that HER owl on the card is hand-drawn while JE's are merely stickers. 

Anyway not a bad birthday.  Dined out at Kam Lun Tai but had to sit at two tables due to social distancing.

Now to enjoy the remaining moments of my sweet-forties.  :)

Happy birthday to me!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you, Stacy! That was so nice of your girls to secretly worked on their handmade cards for you. I would say, it is a beautiful birthday for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I noticed them closeted in the study room but assumed they were finishing off their homework.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to you 🎂🎉🎈! Wow! SE and JE did good remembering your birthday. They must have marked it on their calendar. JE is very creative with her harry potter theme birthday book. Have they both finished reading all the books in the series? One day they will visit uk to visit the harry potter's attractions. Ah, your last year in the 40s. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did mention once or twice. Or 5-6 times? Haha.

      JE is halfway through the series. SE... hmm actually she has stopped reading for some time. Problem is she will keep asking what words mean and she won't remember them. So it was quite annoying being disturbed every few minutes especially if having to explain the same word a few times.

      First stop.... the HP-themed cafe in Ipoh haha.

      Delete
  3. Both of your daughters are so creative! Happy belated birthday to u! Age is jst a number whether it is 40s 50s 60s...live life to the fullest😁

    ReplyDelete