Thursday, May 6, 2021

DIY Buka puasa

No buka puasa dinners this year... same as the last.  In my working life I have attended many of those, compony-sponsored of course.  So do a DIY one lah.

Ordered lemang and rendang from Melaka courtesy of the sama-sama lokal promo (50% discount plus free delivery).

I had planned to get bubur lambuk and kuih but it turned out that was their day off.  No worries, replaced with murtabak and kuih instead.

Tadahh!  My mother started eating first and refused to wait for my father - she said the food was so nice cannot wait haha.  The kids weren't too keen.

Hmm nice or not all this 

How much do I have to eat?

Overall I enjoyed the change of theme.  The kids... sometimes don't have to bother about them!  

8 comments:

  1. Wah, the food looks so good! So after eating, SE and JE still don't like the food? Too pedas for them? Wah, can get delivery all the way from melaka ah, keng!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These people are just fussy. Ya slightly pedas for them.

      Delete
  2. Did your husband eat this dinner as well or not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish to feast like this during MCO...I wonder why the kids aren't too keen...They dislike Malay food? My fav is always rendang, lemang and murtabak...yummmzz! My mother would be happy to see these too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some full iftar food delivery, was tempted to order. But happy enough with my DIY one - tons cheaper heh.

      Well Malay food tends to be too spicy for the kids. Given a choice theirs is always fast food or Western.

      Delete
  4. I miss all these buka puasa or raya food. My favourites are lemang, rendang and murtabak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was all via online delivery or available downstairs at my condo.

      Delete