Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Re-Dining out

First dine-out for the kids after hubby's surgery a month ago.  Hmm also my first dine-out.  I felt slightly torn actually.  Poor hubby is home-bound and still struggling to do the simplest of tasks.  But we were at my parents' place and might as well have a good meal out.  Since they were technically not 'abandoning papa', the kids didn't have any qualms going out.  We tried out a nearby cafe which I'd noticed was well-patronised. 

Oo so yum!


With mummy's seafood squid ink pasta


With our big breakfast dinner


Scored a brownie with ice-cream!


I totally enjoyed the food! Pricey but worth it.  We are starting a new 'pattern' of spending one night a week at our apartment.  So 2 days for the kids with their grandparents.  We are balancing things and seeing how it goes. 
 

6 comments:

  1. You mean your husband also spend one night a week with you all at your apartment? Is it convenient for him? If not, who looks after him at home when you all are at the apartment. Sorry for having so many questions but I can understand all of you need to be strong since he is still learning to redo the usual things he used to do easily. Ah, when I see your ink pasta I said to myself, oh, price should be expensive but worth it la, to be able to eat out. I don't dare to eat out cos don't want to risk getting it since kkm says my more cases of omicron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband stayed behind in our house with our maid. There he has a motorised bed and things have been arranged to suit him. Actually he wasn't fine that first time alone as it happened to be a bad period and he fell a few times. But it's not like I'd be able to do much even if I were there.

      Seafood is expensive... worth it if tastes good.

      Delete
  2. good to have things balanced. Yes, it's time for some readjustment. Pricey dinner is OK once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time waits for no man... can't wait for the situation to be 100% ready.

      I'm already thinking of a return visit hehe.

      Delete
  3. Everyone needs some time off. I am sure your hubby understands and doesn't mind. Hope he is making good progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he seems fine with it. There are ups and downs so need to appreciate the ups and try to progress as much as possible then.

      Delete