Sunday, March 6, 2022

My birthday 2022

My first dilemma was.... to take leave or not.  Hubby wasn't leaving the house so I'd have to go out alone.  And by the time I take hubby for acupuncture and returned to the house (takes around 2 hours in total), I'd be too lazy to drive out again.  But this birthday would mark a change in the first digit of my age.  Better to have a day at least different from normal right?  Coincidentally, hubby decided to stop his acupuncture sessions for a week after his booster shot.  Woo hoo perfect timing!

SE decided to accompany me as she didn't me to be "a lonely lump" on my birthday.  Couldn't persuade JE to come along... oh well.

So 1 Utama it was (where else could I go? Haha) with my little companion.  

Me and SE


This is cute!

It was rather nice to have just SE along.  We bought various foods.  We hadn't been out to the mall for months.  For lunch she was keen to have hotpot noodle, but she said I should pick.  When I settled on Canton-i, she asked, "Mama sure will prefer Canton-i?" and didn't complain when I said yes.  Such a good girl. :) 

Ahmms

Hmm food wasn't as good as I expected. They didn't carry the mango dessert I'd been angling for any more either.  

After lunch we went over to the coffee event happening for the weekend.  Love this photo SE took of me!  If only I'd removed the mask dangling on my ear haha.

The birthday girl

Grabbed some Chinese food for dinner... 

With the fam

I had to go get my own cake, but cake I had....

Happy birthday to me!

Half a century on earth... indulge myself a bit.  And count my blessings.  Cheers to the next half!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! SE is such a good girl to let u choose what u wanna eat on ur bday👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you! 🎂🎈🎉🎊 Welcome to the club! Let me assure you that life is going to be much better now that we are in this club because we have a brighter view of life after having live all the years. Congrats!

    SE is so sweet to accompany you. I didn't get a whole cake for myself last year so very good to see that you did. What is a birthday without a one whole cake to blow candles and Make wishes on. Fully support taking a day off on your birthday. I do the same too last time when I was still in the workforce. Beautiful photos! Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thought you were younger than me. Yes let's look forward to the coming years!

      Last year I had slices since I had vouchers for those. A whole cake looks better, yeah. Actually hubby wanted to eat pandan layer cake so double the reason for me to get one.

      Delete
    2. Pandan layer cake is my one of my favourite cake. Yours look good. Where did you get it from?

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday to you! So nice of SE to accompany you and she is so sweet and thoughtful that you should have your choice since it was your special day. Both your girls have grown much taller. Lovely sweet smile in the family photo. Love all the sweet smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It was nice also, just the two of us.

    ReplyDelete