Monday, July 4, 2022

Ice-skating at Pyramid

I didn't get round to posting on this one earlier.  JE had been asking to go ice-skating so we eventually went during the Raya holidays.  They forgot something and I was let in to pass it to them (without paying the RM5 to officially have access to that area).  Quickly snapped a pic.

We need to get our skates

Then I went out to the main area to wait. And wait. And WAIT.  I was getting antsy as each session was only 2 hours and we'd arrived half an hour late into the session as it was.  After a good 25mins, the two princesses finally appeared on the ice.  

Oops fell down

I thought they might remember a little from their previous session, and not be so scared, but no.  They crept slowly around the rink holding on to the side.  And fell every few steps.  Hahaha.

Creep creeping along

Oh well my job was to take them ice-skating and that's what I did.  I went away to walk around the mall and came back, and each time they were either not on the ice or creep-creeping along.  Still, they claimed to have enjoyed the session.

After that they did some window shopping.  Hmm my girls are growing.  They used to check out toy stores, now it has changed to clothing stores.

How would this look on me?

Well I have to say I'm bored looking at clothing.  After some time, the mummy started making noise to want to go for lunch.  Reversal of roles haha.

Checked out K Fry, a place that used to have super-long queues before MCO. 

Cooking the cheese to wrap the fried chicken

Huge watermelon bingsu

The girls were a bit grumpy as they were tired from the skating.  


6 comments:

  1. Nice outing. Good that they enjoyed the ice skating session. SE and JE can choose their own clothes so you don't have to choose for them anymore so you can enjoy window shopping while they are looking at clothes. Kfry sounds tasty! Is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If JE does find something, I'd probably go and look for it in Shopee! Haha. They were just exploring that day and didn't find anything worth a trip to the fitting room. SE was support staff only.

      I still don't get the long queues, but no complaints on the food.

      Delete
  2. I don't know how to skate but love to watch others skating. These days I easily get bored with window shopping or even looking at clothes. Fried chicken wrapped with cheese sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been that interested in clothes, only when really run out of things to wear. :) Quite unlike most women!

      Delete
  3. my first skating was at Sunway Pyramid too, almost 3 decades ago...that was the coolest skating ring back then and yes, with my teenage sis. JE is growing up into teenage phase and would definitely more into looking 'pretty' among her peers, so more into clothes shopping. Her teenage phase reminds me of me & my sis. I used to tag along my sis to window shopping (on clothes) during her early teenage years. It would be quite tiring after the skating session and window shopping, i would be so exhausted & wanting to go home so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went ice-skating once before too, hmm also almost 3 decades ago! And that once is quite enough haha.

      Delete