Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Staying put

Since we couldn't go to my parents' place, we stayed put in the apartment.  The kids missed school the next 2 days.  If I thought my maid Jane could help take care of things.... she wasn't even leaving her room haha.  I was tending to the sick kids and the sick myself.  But can't complain also, she did come out to cook meals.

It was actually rather relaxing not to leave the apartment at all.

All of us got better and on Thursday the kids resumed school, albeit still with sore throats.  I resumed working from home.  So peace in the morning (Jane happily staying in her room), Jane cooking around noon, JE coming back for lunch then SE around 3pm.  SE had to be watched like a hawk for homework:


Kakak making sure homework getting done

And sometimes I would return from a toilet break to this:
 
Now how shall we reply this email

My car would end up in the workshop 2 weeks.  I kidnapped my parents' car since they were obviously not needing it.  Good timing also that everything happened at the same time!

6 comments:

  1. funny to see a plushy replacing you in front of the PC...lol! Kakak is so patience to monitor SE doin her homework!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I was amused!

      Kakak knows what had to be done haha.

      Delete
  2. Good to know that everyone is now back to normal. Good that kakak can relieve you from watching over SE to make sure she does her homework. Ha ha ha...someone wants to relieve you of your work too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kakak was relatively free, nothing much to do in a small apartment.

      Those rascals... entertaining though!

      Delete
  3. Wah your helper can not only cook but help to monitor homework too, very good 👍. So cute piggy 2 stand in for you during your toilet breaks. Glad to hear that all of you are feeling ok now. Just wondering did you all use the home test kit to test for cvd?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this one can cook! Earlier on, cooking wasn't that important as the main job was taking care of the babies/kids.

      Yep used the home test kit. Result negative.

      Delete