Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Ah Kong’s 80th birthday 2022

Ah Kong is 80!

Happy birthday to me

We gathered all the usual suspects, and since it's a special year, we went for a special birthday lunch.

All of us

Indo-Chinese buffet at Tamarind Springs - the lighting was a bit dim so I pretty much gave up on taking good photos with my phone.  

Our long table

We ordered many dishes. Need to make the most out of the 100++/pax (half price for kids) price tag hehe.  Many dishes or the accompanying dips were slightly sour (though not as sour as Thai food) and topped with fried onions, which suits me perfectly!  My favs for the day were the Laotian BBQ beef, Vietnamese prawns in garlic sauce and watermelon salad with chicken/prawn bits in sourish dressing. This was my first buffet in years and I decided to forget my diet for the day. 

The oh-so-tender Laotian beef topped with fried onion. And squid rings with dip

  SE was impressed by the toilet...

Wow nice toilet!

Overall we enjoyed ourselves.  Happy birthday to my dear father!

Ah Kong and Ah Mah with all 7 grandkids

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your dad. He doesn't look his age. Beautiful family photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your father! 🎂 🎉 A good celebration as usual by all of you. Everyone is happy especially your father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the last picture the most...It reminds me of my late grandma where she had picture taken with us (all the grandkids including me) during her 80++ years old birthday. Well, that was decades ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We take one every year so can see the kids growing up.

      Delete