Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Diet plan

The dietician basically asked SE what food she normally has and what she likes in order to come up with a diet plan for her daily 3 meals and 3 snacks. 

For lunch and dinner, the plan given was 90g protein and 100g rice.  It varies with other carbs e.g. it would be 130g for pasta, 2 slices of bread, 2 potatoes, one wrap.  For me, I understand a fixed weight more than "2 potatoes"! 

Weighed out the meat at dinner.

This is too much!

I am full. I cannot finish

I didn't have the heart to make her finish the remaining food.  :(  Will have to in future as the dietitian said - empathy is empathy, but in her condition we cannot have empathy.  She has to bring her weight up and recover her health.  

6 comments:

  1. I am also torn between her happiness and her health. You have gotten me interested in this subject so I have been reading up articles in Journal of Eating Disorders online and the case studies are heart wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This disorder is so unexpected. My hubby still asks what was the cause and there doesn't seem to be an answer.

      Delete
  2. I’m so sorry to see JE looking so thin😢she really needs to eat but I know it’s not easy for her. Is there an eating disorder clinic where they accept patients full time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't come across any mention of this. The doctor mentioned hospitalisation - the patient stays in the hospital for 2 weeks where food and activity are controlled. I want to avoid this if possible.

      Delete
  3. I think this is the best for her, as hard as it is for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. My parents however don't and will keep telling my maid not to force her.

      Delete