Wednesday, February 14, 2024

CNY eve

Thankful to celebrate CNY eve this year!  To recap, our maid (and also my sister's) caught Covid in end January.  Maid was parked in our apartment while we stayed over at my parents' place. She recovered in 5 days, but my father then got Covid.  This time we stayed at our apartment instead of going back and forth to my parents' place.  My father also recovered in 5 days and we looked forward to life back to normal.  Unfortunately a few days later he had bad vomiting/diarrhoea and ended up being admitted to hospital for 3 days.  Finally got discharged a day before CNY eve, phew!  That's how we ended up NOT fully prepared for reunion dinner this year haha.  My mother was at the hospital too most of the time.

Anyway with some last minute buying and work.... dinner was on!

The food

Last year was the first time I'd been at my parents' place for CNY even since getting married.  And this year, continue. :)

The girls in their cheongsams

Happy Dragon year to all!

7 comments:

  1. Happy dragon year to you all! SE and JE look so nice in their CNY new dresses. Where is mommy in her new dress? Please show us your family photo with all new CNY dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom was mostly there (this is UM hospital), but they enforced visiting hours and she had to return home at night. She found somewhere to sit/doze in between visiting hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your mom is so dedicated. Must be tiring for her to hang around the whole day until at night. Good that she didn't kena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughters are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being at hospitals is tiring. Like you would also have experienced recently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I find it super duper tiring hence I cannot wait all day at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete