One day I returned home to find the sky had fallen. Heh ok ok it was the ceiling board. JE said she'd informed me ages ago but I had mumbled something about how hubby used to handle repairs and I never had to trouble myself, then I entered the house and promptly forgot about it. Well apparently it didn't repair itself and this happened. Fortunately I had a number to call by now from my earlier wall repair.
Before
After
Within the same month (August actually), my water bill suddenly shot up to about 30 times the usual. I was in and out trying o check the problem using chatGPT, didn't work. :) Eventually googled for a plumber to come check and got some minor repairs in as well. No issue was found, must have been a tap was left on while we were away for a week. Tried to request a discount from the Water department but no luck.
Fixing
Oh well. At least the problems were settled.



Oh Stacy, what an ordeal. I am glad it was resolved.
ReplyDeleteI wish for peace in my life heh. It does feel good when problems are resolved though!
DeleteWas it the roof got leaks that cause the ceiling board to fall down?
ReplyDeleteCorrect. Roof leak caused water to soak the ceiling board, which eventually became weak and fell.
Deleteoh dear skyfall! Another fortune gone to the fixing....Glad it was resolved.
ReplyDeleteI was relieved when the contractor quoted 3k. OK lah not such a big amount.
Delete