Monday, January 11, 2021

Not used to it

Took the kids to Nasi Kambing Harimau Nangis.  A colleague introduced me to this place and I'd gone back a few times.

They complained from beginning to end!

So the place was indeed:

1. Hot - zinc roof, no aircon (it was actually a cloudy/gloomy day )
2. Smelly - near a rubbish site
3. Noisy - next to a mosque where prayers were on-going
4. Had flies and stray cats

So what right?  Haha.  We usually eat at malls and outlets with air-con since hubby doesn't like hot places.  So they're pampered and not used to conditions the average Malaysian wouldn't have much problems with.  

Our maid enjoyed the food and so did I.  (Hubby wasn't there)

We don't like this place

6 comments:

  1. Hot is ok for me but cleanliness is very important too. Flies don't sound good. Can understand why SE and JE don't like this place. Not so much about pampering but a place with flies, can't be that clean. I must go google to see where this place is with such a wild name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food's good. I'd say it's the 'usual' number of flies, not like a horde. Like a typical seafood outlet located by the sea or less.

      Delete
  2. Hot and non air-con is ok with me. But smelly, noisy, flies and stray cats are no-no for me. If the food is really good, can go and take away food and eat in the comfort of our own home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dunno... I'm quite ok with all that actually. But I didn't notice the smell on earlier visits, perhaps there were delays in the garbage collection cycle.

      Delete
  3. I have dined in such similar environment next to a mosque in Sri Serdang with zinc roof & nearby drain with usual flies too. Mine is a nasi campur stall. Me & another colleague felt awkward coz only us are non-malay dining there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh yes we were the only non-malays too. I just brazen it out and figure might as well act like we belong!

      Delete