Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Oh no

I'm pretty upset actually.  JE started her period early this month.  She's just 10 and three quarters.  Mainly because she won't be growing much taller after this and she's still quite short.  Also she's not that mature for her age and now she will have to start dealing with the mess and discomfort already.  That night she said her tummy was painful.  My poor baby.  :(

Continue whining a bit more... 10 3/4 was exactly the age I started as well.  The difference was, I was tall for my age then.  After that basically everyone just overtook me in height over the next few years.  I have spent a lot of time wishing I was taller.  So when I had a baby girl, I was mindful of this and wanted to at least give her a head start in case this happened.  As in, let her grow as tall as possible early.  Well this JE scuppered my secret plans.  As a baby, she drank so little milk that she was underweight.  After that she just refused to eat much despite my best efforts to make available all kinds of food.  My preoccupation became to get as many calories into her as I could.

She only became interested in food within the last year or so.  Which turns out now to be rather too late.  

Sigh... another 2 years of growing would have been just nice.  

Oh no


12 comments:

  1. How tall is she now? According to Google search, a girl will still grow up to two years after getting her period so she will still grow. Urban legend says skipping rope may make one grow taller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still shorter than me, and I'm considered short. Google tells me girls only grow 1-2 more inches. Even with 2in she will still be shorter than me.

      Delete
    2. How tall are you? In our local society, 5 feet 6 inches is considered tall for a girl.

      Delete
    3. Nah... I'm 5 feet and just under 2 inches.

      Delete
    4. That is ok because there are many under 5 feet.

      Delete
  2. Was she shocked at getting her period so u have to explain to her what it is all about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, again I was mindful of the possibility so told her and SE some time last year. SE in particular had so many questions!

      Delete
    2. Good that you explained to both of them about this very early.

      Delete
  3. Oh no!! But now she is at home most of the time the mess is still tolerable...It would be challenging if she is at school. I don't think she would stop growing tall after getting menstruation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True also, being at home there is less to worry about.

      Delete
  4. It is good that she is staying home when the period came and she can rest when dealing with the cramp and mess. Most important she is now eating well and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that. I was so upset then but now, really, what to do.

      Delete