Thursday, September 16, 2021

An eventful morning

Documenting this eventful walk here.  One schoolday, we came down one morning to walk to my parents' place as usual.  The sky was slightly dark but otherwise looked fine.  But about 10mins shy of reaching, it started to drizzle.  And it was the type of rain which very quickly develops into FAT and FATTER drops.  We made a run for it to this shop which wasn't open yet for the day.

I made an SOS call to my father to pick us up as the rain was getting worse.  In the meantime, the girls 'set up shop'.

We start class here

Cannot hear anything, rain too noisy
 
Hmm where was my father?  It'd been quite some time.  We had been craning our necks for ages looking out for the car.

Finally checked my phone and found he'd been trying to call.  He'd rushed to get ready, and came out to find.... the car missing.  Suspected my mother had gone out to look for us.  

After some more time... my mother returned and yep that's what had happened.  So there were 3 groups:

1. Group#1 stuck at shop  
2. Group#2 at home, ready to rescue Group #1 but had car removed by Group#3
3. Group#3 who embarked on a solo rescue mission.  Without handphone thus uncontactable.  Also thus without the knowledge that Group#1 had dashed to this shop, resulting in an unsuccessful mission.

We had a good laugh.  What a morning!  

10 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! Group 3 should bring hp & communicate with group 1 if wanna rescue them🤦‍♀️....but most importantly everyone is safe alas ...phew!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ended up fine! My mum hardly picks up her hp so not much point calling her anyway.

      Delete
    2. My mum was like tht too. But nowadays she get used with smart phone and carry it whenever she goes out coz of the mandatory My Sejahtera scan.

      Delete
    3. Well my mum carries out her phone as well, FOR SCANNING PURPOSES. Not for picking up calls haha.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear! Your mom dashed out to the rescue without informing your dad and forgot to get info from you. Rescue mission failed because of communication breakdown. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how fast she must have moved! Yep without any notice to home base on her mission.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Your mother is sure adventurous, to go out alone without a handphone! I am impressed that your mother can drive at her golden age because I don't drive. Lucky your mother returned home and not continuously look for you all without a handphone. Good that everything went well on that day. Stay safe! 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only a 5-min normal drive actually. She must have been going slower since looking out for us.

      Delete
  4. Why your mother went out alone without telling your father? Does she do this always - go out alone without a handphone and not telling anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually my mum is pretty bad with a hp anyway. Often leaves it around somewhere so no point calling her on it anyway. If I want to reach her I either call the house phone or my father.

      Delete