Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Genting 2023

For the "year-end" school holidays of mid-Feb to mid-March, hubby suggested Genting.  Which was good as we had already been to all our usual haunts lately... Ipoh, Melaka, PD.  I hadn't wanted to brave the trip up (hubby can't drive yet as he had seizures lately).  I already have jitters merely driving up the twisty ramps to my apartment parking!  Can't go too easy on the accelerator in case the car slides down, can't press too hard in case we hit the walls.

Well the drive wasn't too bad. :)   

Made it!

3 ladies and a piglet

I'd thought we would be checking out the new theme park, but JE was more keen on the indoor one.  So we KIV until more rides are ready.  Gah while I'm happy enough at Genting, chaperoning the girls around at the indoor theme park and arcades was TIRING.  Hours and hours, a lot of which were on my poor feet.  

Stomp! Stomp on the cockroaches!

Hit! Hit the drums!

The amount of money spent stepping on cockroaches and hitting drums and whatnot... not cheap.  I'm much happier spending on F&B.  Some of our old fav outlets have already closed down. 
Wanhoi:  Food pretty good, price high.

Got our piggy paos

Name to be updated: Hit the spot for my craving of Hunan-style food. The 'arrows of meat' looked fancy and tasted good - at over RM100 not worth it IMHO.  The fish soup was good and the potato too.  

This thing is camera-worthy....

We had plenty of time at Genting and this time went to various food outlets.  Hit Starbucks when we were tired walking around.

Some frappe thing

Now that I have driven up and down Genting once, I can definitely do it again.  :)  Only thing stopping me is having to spend hours at the theme park.  I asked the kids if they would like going more often WITHOUT theme park, only relax/eat/sleep and they said no.  Fine then we won't go that often then haha.  Oh also I was thinking food was really expensive.  

6 comments:

  1. Yes you made it by driving to Genting. Well, for me, I will have to take a plane first, haaaahaaa..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have other interesting places in your part of the world. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! You are really keng 💪 to drive up and down Genting. The only reason I would go to Genting now is to eat at that popular lobster and burger eatery. You can bring a portable chair next time to the theme park and sit on it while waiting for SE and JE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no queue at Burger & Lobster. :)

      I brought my laptop intending to work while waiting, but the sounds were loud and the lights were flashy and I ended up up not opening my laptop.

      Delete
  3. You are really brave to drive up to Genting. Good that you did and now you have to confidence to drive up there again. I wouldn't even dare think about it. Of course, if no theme park, your girls would not be interested lo....Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah one barrier down! It really isn't difficult compared to, say, Camerons.

      Delete