Friday, March 31, 2023

My Birthday 2023

Time flies when you are super busy at work. It's already April (am backposting this one) and I haven't yet posted on my birthday in March!  Here goes.

While my family always celebrated birthdays for us 3 siblings plus 2 parents, we stopped once the kiddos came along as there would be too many.  Then MCO happened plus the kids grew and we have now also stopped celebrating the kiddos' birthdays with everyone.  So now we only celebrate together for Ah Mah and Ah Kong. 

So this year my parents got some angpow/bonus from the government as pensioners, and decided to spend the money on a 'makan' for everyone.  That day was coincidentally my birthday.  We had a nice lunch at Little Yum Yum at Kota Damansara and my brother brought along a cake (red velvet from Secret Recipe, yums!).

Yummy cake and us

Then at night I had another cake, an American chocolate one this time.

Happy birthday to me

With my girls

Never had so much cake before!  We stored the excess in the freezer and happily consumed them over the next few weeks.

Another year older and wiser. :)  I had reached the half-century mark last year so one more year doesn't make much of a difference.

6 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Ah, you are one year younger than I am. So generous of your parents! I find out that I gain weight very fast if I eat a slice of cake each day daily. Lolx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq! Gaining weight is very easy for me as well haha.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday to you, Stacy. You still look young for your age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nancy. I guess ok if don't look too closely HAHAH.

      Delete