Friday, March 10, 2023

Graduated from Primary school

What else has happened... JE finished 6 years of primary school.  The graduation was on the very day of my workshop (at work) so I couldn't go.  It meant enough to JE that she asked my mother to go with her.  

Ah Mah and me

So my mother had to sit through the spectacle of many people walking up on stage to receive scrolls haha.  I didn't think of this event as a big deal actually.  Others apparently did - seems graduation bouquets were a thing and JE got emotional when she was the only person in her group of friends not to receive one.  I read these messages from her later at work: 

* A lot of ppl got graduation bouquet.
* Parents gave.
* Me no get.
* Me no parent.

Poor kiddo.  Oh well it was too late to do anything by that time.  I'm so thankful that my mother was there for her at least.

Come to think of it, the past 6 years WERE momentous ones.  JE was only a young child of 6 upon entering the school for Standard 1.   And now she's all poised for teenagerhood and the next stage of her life.   *sniff

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to JE! Oh no, she must be feeling sad to write that. Just bring her out for a good meal of her choice as a graduation celebration la! 🥳 Good that your mom can be there for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya man. Would have been worse if she had no one there at all.

      Delete
  2. I have lost track of school schedule. Why is the graduation celebration in March or is it in February? So after March, JE will be in secondary school form 1?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School schedule shifted due to Covid - the school year was extended from Dec to Feb so people could catch up on lost time. Thought they should slowly creep back to a Dec year-end but this is the second year with the same Feb year-end.

      Delete
  3. when there is/are comparisons, it will become a thing. Get her a graduation cake, or thing that she likes as graduation gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids these days are relatively pampered, she gets most of what she wants already I think.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to JE. So she will enter secondary school. Ask what she wants to get in place of a graduation bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah secondary very soon. She would want a phone which would go against my policy of LESS screen time!

      Delete