Friday, January 12, 2024

AC hotel trip

And on to our next holiday.  The 2n hotel stay was courtesy of my brother who wanted some points to round off his hotel membership ranking.  With a king bed and a sofa bed, sleeping arrangements were a bit tight as hubby decided to come along at the last minute.  He tried to look for another room but apparently they were full.  Anyway, nice also to spend time together even though at closer quarters haha.

Day1:  Arrival and chilling.  Dinner at Hokkaido Seafood across the road.

Day2:  AC hotel is right by the Titiwangsa LRT station so off we went.

We are travellers!

*Thrilled

The LRT was still down between Bandaraya and Masjid Jamek stations so we had to hop onto the free bus.  Luckily a kind passenger guided us where to go.  

*Even more thrilled

The bus took us one station to Masjid Jamek where we continued onto the Pasar Seni station.

We are here!

Took the girls to Central Market since they'd never been here.  Hmm it's nice - airconditioned with shops selling interesting things - but prices are really at tourist levels.
 
Look only

We went to try out Mixue...

Take photo first


Then onto the Sin Sze Si Ya temple and museum which chronicles the temple's history.  We didn't find it that interesting.  Yap Ah Loy features in the story.

JE taking a break (not a dump)

Then we walked over to Petaling street.

Walk walk

Tried out Bubblebee cafe for 'waffles' (actually what I would call eggettes).  Not bad.

Waffles with banana and lots of stuff

Day 3:  The hotel had a buy1free1 promotion on buffet brunch.  Which we happily took advantage of.

Me at the buffet with the Moomins

We had a good time. Thanks bro!  I'm now thinking staycations are actually a very good idea. :) 

7 comments:

  1. Eh, I thought I wrote a comment. Where did it go? Must be went into spam box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to go kl town center to take a walk. So generous of your brother. Good that your husband also join in, making this a whole family holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother said it was slightly beneficial to pay for the room and get onto the higher membership tier, might as well not let the room go to waste. I thought it was only slightly beneficial to me then ended up enjoying it more than I expected. Hehe.

      My husband hadn't wanted to go then last minute changed his mind.

      Delete
  3. Ya, must go central market since SE and JE have not been there. I used to work near there so I went there very often in the past. Is SE eating more during this holiday? I see her photo with the plate of desserts from the buffet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked in Dayabumi ages back. There was a food court in Central Market back then I think - now there's a nice-looking one right at the entrance.

      Delete
    2. Sigh SE and food aren't exactly friends now. I was telling hubby, this is a case of "an anorexic meets a buffet". This particular meal she did take desserts. A bite or two of each thing on her plate which is already good.

      Delete