Thursday, April 23, 2020

MCO Post #5

Something new I'm doing during MCO is using various apps to order food.  This app is 'beepit' which I used to get CCF/chee cheong fun, bakchang, pineapple tarts and kuih bahulu.  I'd never bothered much about delivery apps since not many outlets serve my area.  There are increasing choices now which I suspect will disappear again after MCO.  Delivery charges are on the high side which is why I added various items into the order.  Overall was pleased with it - ordered in the morning and received an hour later.

We have all kinds of food

We played with puff pastry last weekend.  This was the frozen Kawan pastry which was a cinch to use.  Tried out various shapes with sausage and jam as filling.  Overall fun and easy.

Cut sausage...


We are playing... no, we mean we are making puffs

After that we had the usual problem of finishing the food haha.  Apparently nobody is a huge fan of puff pastry.

8 comments:

  1. I am a fan of puff pastry but only if the filling is savoury. Not a fan of hot dogs. So far I haven't tried any of the delivery apps because we can easily buy food from our local shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always liked shortcrust pastry and not liked the airiness of puff. The kids love hotdogs - not healthy with all the preservatives but oh well.

      My area doesn't have so many shops within 10km.

      Delete
  2. oh no, why? Puff pastries are very nice and easy to eat. Looks like your whole family not gluttons like me, hahaha. Lolx. As long as everyone has fun making the puff pastries then everything is good. So in the end, what happened to the puff pastries? Hope none went into the bin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah managed to clear as in EAT all the pastries. The kids were a bit ok with them if the pastries were warmed up. But we're not be making these again soon for sure. I've never liked puff pastry.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for introducing beepit. Like me check if it delivers to my area. I spotted pineapple tarts on your table. I want to eat them. I am such a glutton. Lolx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are a VERY small eater for a glutton!

      Yeah somehow when 'trapped' in the house, everything starts to look good. I keep looking out for possible deliveries.

      Delete
    2. Go find in fb, just key in your area name and delivery and the posts will appear and you can see what groups are doing group buys for your area.

      Delete
    3. Sure, will check it out. My area has mostly Malay food which the hubby isn't keen on. And the kids can't eat spicy food.

      Delete