Saturday, May 23, 2020

Crabs for dinner

One of my best buys during MCO - crabs!  Hubby is a big fan.  I like them well enough but am too lazy to de-shell them so would normally just have the roe and the claws. The advert by Piau Kee popped up on Facebook.  I called and delivery charges would be RM40.  Hmmm nah too high.  Then on Mother's Day, they called to say there was another delivery to my area so charges would be halved to RM20.  Ok, on. :)

What did mummy order THIS time??

I was out when delivery arrived. JE said Jane went online to find out what to do with them haha.  About RM50 for an XXL crab, RM23 for a roe crab.  I added RM25 for a kg of sea clams at hubby's suggestion (no regrets, the sea clams were very good).

Big crabs, roe crabs and sea clams

Everything was lovely and fresh. Just cleaned and threw them onto charcoal.  Jane cleaned and hubby cooked.  Well I had done my part buying the crab and it WAS Mother's day hmmppf.

Mummy asked us to pose with the crab
(Notice that SE is behind JE)

Even the roe crabs were large.

Roe crab on a dinner plate

Delicious indeed.  Hubby was already asking how to get for next time.  I'm not sure if these deals would be available after MCO.

10 comments:

  1. I remember seeing Piau Kee shop in SS2, PJ. So those are live crabs? Who was in charged of sending them to heaven and how was it done? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, live crabs. One arrived dead but taste-wise no problem. Got my maid to send them to heaven haha. Under hubby's instructions to poke the heart with chopstick.

      Delete
  2. Yes, the price is good. They know how to do business because they remember to call you to ask if you are interested to buy. They didn't forget u. Guess you had a good mother's day since everyone was happy with the crabs that you bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm happy when others are happy! Kids weren't much interested.

      Delete
  3. Are there 4 or 6 crabs in the box? Can't see clearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were 3 XXL and 6 roe crabs... so total of 9.

      Delete
    2. Wow! So many. All eaten in one session?

      Delete
    3. Heh no. Ate half the first day, the rest in later days. Put in freezer so could take time to eat.

      Delete
  4. Yums! I am a great fan of crabs. Nice to cook the crabs over charcoal to get their natural sweetness. I guess I will have to wait till MCO is over before my craving can be fixed.

    ReplyDelete