Tuesday, May 26, 2020

MCO Post #8

Made these 'gong zai peng' or fish mooncakes.  The first time I tried, they turned out hard and I dubbed them 'rockfish'.  I did eventually finish them though.  This second time, they turned out much better.  I didn't have enough golden syrup and substituted with some honey.  Maybe that was the secret?
Ahmm

Actually JE is just posing as instructed for the photo.  She doesn't like a lot of types of food and isn't a fan of these.

"Baked Fish" - slightly pale but I didn't want them turning into rock again

What else did we do... order pizza.  Actually this was my first time ordering pizza for home.  We all aren't super-keen on pizza so it's more for a change of food since we couldn't eat out.

Pizza

I have always liked the smoked deli wings though so enjoyed the meal overall.

Eat up

2 comments:

  1. Usually children love to eat pizza. Good that JE does not like to eat many types of food so she won't overeat. I like to eat these fish mooncakes. Ah so u finally managed to bake. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to fatten JE up since birth hahaha.

      I always liked this kind of mooncake so am happy to be able to bake them myself.

      Delete